Lucan Irish Six Junior Hockey – Sno-Pitch Tournament
DUE TO UNUSUALLY WARM WEATHER AND CONFLICTING EVENTS, THIS TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Registered teams have been contacted and refunds issued. Thank you for your interest in this event! We plan to try it again next winter!
When and Where
- Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Start time: 9:00 AM
- Lucan Community Centre & Ball Diamonds
- 1st games start at 9:00 AM sharp
- $250 entry fee per team
- $50.00 deposit is due by
December 20th,to hold your spot in the tournament **extended to Jan 1st**
- $300 awarded to the first-place
- Tournament is coed. Teams shall have a minimum of ten players. All teams must have a minimum of five men and five women, the extra players to make ten can be of either gender.
- Three pitch rules in effect
- Each player must be 19 years of age or older to participate
- Please refer to rule sheet below for complete list
- The Lions Shed will be open all day offering food and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Fill out the Sno-Pitch Team Registration Form
- Pay $50 deposit by e-transfer to email@example.com or by cheque (see below**) *By Jan 1st*
- Send your full roster of players to Barb Van Arenthals firstname.lastname@example.org , including name, phone number, and email for each player, by Jan 2
- Have full team fee of $250 ($50 deposit + $200) paid by Jan 2
- On tournament day, all players must fill out our Sno-Pitch Tournament Waiver
- Share this tournament with friends who might be interested!
**If you have any questions about the tournament, or wish to pay your team fees by cheque, please email Barb Van Arenthals at email@example.com
Rules and Regulations
- Teams are to immediately register at the concession in the Lions Shed upon arrival
- All teams will pitch for themselves. 3-pitch only – mush ball for safety
- The ball does not have to go past the pitcher to be considered live
- No lead offs are permitted
- Round robin games of 60 minutes or 7 innings, whichever comes first. No new inning will start after 55 minutes
- Maximum of ten runs per team per inning. Last inning is open
- If home team is leading at the bottom of the last inning, they do not take their last bat
- Home team will be decided by a coin toss
- No bunting – on purpose
- Runner must cross behind home plate (safe line)
- Sliding is allowed on all bases, except first and home.
- Infield fly rule is NOT in effect
- Games MAY end with a tie in round robin play
- Final scores must be confirmed at the diamond with the plate umpire. Scores are only to be reported by the winning team. After being approved by the plate umpire score sheets will be immediately handed in to Check In Desk in the Lions Shed
- Bases, balls and score sheets will be provided at the concession in the Lions Shed. All other equipment will be provided by teams
- Coaches are responsible for making their teams aware of the rules. There will be a waiver to sign upon registration
- Entry fee $250.00. $50.00 deposit due by
December 20 th,will hold your teams spot in the tournament **extended to Jan 1st**
- If a team fails to show up for any portion of the tournament, they may be eliminated, and their registration fee is non-refundable
- If for some reason the tournament must be cancelled due to poor weather conditions, all teams will be refunded in full.
- Teams will be accepted on a first come first serve basis
- Tournament is coed. Teams shall have a minimum of ten players. All teams will have a minimum of five men and five women
- Batting orders shall consist of no more than one of the same sex consecutively. (i.e. male, female, male, female)
- If a ball is hit and then contacts the batter it is considered a dead ball.
- If a runner steps across or onto home plate instead of using the safe line they will be ruled out
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd bases must be touched
- Ten players allowed on the field excluding the pitcher. 4 infield, 4 outfields, and a catcher. If both teams do not have enough players present for ten players in the field, nine per team will be permitted.
- There will be a minimum of five women on the field at all times
- In order to be called out at home, the catcher is to step on the plate after catching the ball, not to tag the runner
- If a ball is hit and either bounces over, or rolls under the designated field boundary, it will be considered a double
- If a ball is thrown out of play in error each runner shall advance one base only
- Each team will have a limit of two home runs per inning. A hit will only be considered a home run if it crosses the designated boundary while it is still in flight.
- All players must be listed on a batting order prior to the commencement of their game. All players will bat regardless of whether or not they play in the field
- Any ball contacted by the batter and caught by the catcher will be ruled an out
- There is no limit on courtesy runners. Runners being substituted in must be the last out of the same gender. Once substituted in, a runner may not be removed
- Ties will result in extra innings, only in Semis and Finals.
- In any sport, there is always a potential risk for personal injury. Please be mindful of other players during the game. It is each player’s sole responsibility to prevent injury during game play. This includes proper footwear, clothing, protective equipment as required.
- If for any reason an umpire deems it necessary to remove a player from a game, a discussion between team captains and umpires will take place to determine whether the removed player is welcome to play in the next game (if applicable)
- This is intended to be a fun event for all involved, so let’s be respectful of the properties, facilities, and the community
- Everything you bring in must leave with you. There will be no open alcohol outside of the Lions Shed. Please do not drink and drive
- Please ensure that any personal items are safe and secure. The Lucan Lions and the Lucan Irish Six Organization are not responsible for any lost or damaged items during this tournament.